Friday, August 14, 2009

Blonde Moment of the Week

Earlier this week, Rob rented a DVD from our neighborhood RedBox, first off I love RedBox and here is why. 1. We don’t have to drive five miles to the nearest Blockbuster 2. You don’t have to walk all the way around Blockbuster to find a movie worthy of watching and 3. The most important thing, is it’s like $4 cheaper than Blockbuster!

So back to my story…after Rob watched his war movie I thought I would be a good wifey and return the movie on my way home from work. I pull up to the Redbox and wait in line to return my DVD. When it’s my turn I select the option to return the movie and immediately slip the case into the slot. A few seconds later the DVD slides back out and a message pops up on the screen, but I wasn’t able to read it because the message was displayed for like a microsecond. So I try again making sure the barcode on the DVD is showing. Same result. I try again for a third time, now there is a line behind me, and I get the same result. By this time I figure the machine is acting up so I get out of line and go home deciding to try returning it the next day. Fast-forward to Thursday and I decide to try my luck with the Redbox machine again. I pull up, select “Return DVD” and slide the case in the machine. I wait a few seconds and out comes the DVD AGAIN! I try one more time before going inside Walgreens to talk with the manager; I’m thinking maybe he knows something about the machine. So the nice manager walks out to the Redbox with me and he begins the return DVD process and BINGO Success on the first try! It was then that I realized why I was unsuccessful with this process. You see, I had tried sliding the case in with the barcode facing me INSTEAD of the barcode facing the machine. There is even a picture to demonstrate this on the case AND the screen. Needless to say I felt like the ditziest blonde ever! Now many of you may think that I have never returned a movie to Redbox before, but this is not the case! I have rented and returned numerous DVD’s to Redbox, I just must have gotten really lucky with all the previous DVD’s.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

i totally did that the other day!