Monday, January 23, 2012
Monday, November 28, 2011
I love this time of year and I'm even more excited about celebrating the holidays now that I get to spend them with Aubrey. Watching her experience family traditions, and the importance of the holidays is so much fun. It's true what they say, experiencing life in the eyes of your child is really amazing.
Monday, November 14, 2011
• Aubrey’s four top teeth came in and she now has a beautiful smile with 6 teeth with the seventh on the way.
• Aubrey you are on the move! You started crawling on September 27 and we got you on video. You are much faster now and you LOVE to follow Mommy around. You are just the cutest little girl!
• We celebrated your Daddy’s birthday and you loved helping him unwrap his presents. But you enjoyed playing with his cards the most.
• We went to the pumpkin patch as a family and we got some really cute pictures of you. This is a fun little tradition we’ve started.
• You got your first ear infection on the Sunday before Halloween. Poor baby you felt so bad but once we got you some antibiotics you were back to your normal happy self.
• Your first Halloween was spent at home handing out candy to the neighbor kids. You were the cutest little Strawberry!
Aubrey, now you are 9 months old. Which means you are WAY too close to turning 1. So far this month…
- You are crawling so fast!
- You have 8 teeth! Four on top and four on the bottom. You have such a beautiful smile that melts my heart.
- You are a good listener. When Mommy asks you to come see her, you usually come crawling with a big smile on your face.
- You are pulling up to your feet.
- You had your 9 month checkup and you measured 14lbs 4oz and 26 ½ in long. You had a TB test, a hemoglobin test and a Flu shot. You were so sad to get poked so many times in one visit, but you calmed down pretty quickly.
- You got your second ear infection. Yep, right after finishing 10 days on antibiotics from the first ear infection you got another one. Apparently Amoxicillin didn’t completely clear the infection. You are now on a different medication and hopefully this time it will heal your ear completely.
- We had a fun day with your Aunt Sarah, Cousin Collins, Grandma and Grandpa last Saturday. We toured a Good Housekeeping model home and met Grandpa for lunch.
- You are beginning to really love your puppies. For a long time you were a little scared of them but now you love to follow Toby around and pet him. I think you figured out how to hold your own with him.
Monday, September 12, 2011
Aubrey you are quite the budding artist! Every week you create beautiful pictures at school, and Mommy and Daddy just LOVE to see what you create each week. I think the best part is seeing how proud you are of yourself when you show me what you’ve made. Aubrey, I love you and your beautiful art. You are just so talented!
Tuesday, August 9, 2011
Oh Aubrey, my little love bug, I cannot believe how big you are getting! I can’t believe how fast the past 6 months have gone by. You are learning so many new things and becoming more and more independent every day.
You recently started sitting up all by yourself. You are still a little wobbly and fall down sometimes but you are definitely able to hold yourself up. You love this new trick so much that whenever we lay you down on your back you crunch up and push up on your elbows to try to sit all the way up. Dr. Ramsey and I both think you will be the only baby with 6-pack abs. Aubrey you still push up while on your tummy and try to pull your knees in. You aren’t quite strong enough to get it but you are getting closer.
Aubrey you have lots of fun talking with Mommy and Daddy. You are now making new sounds like “mmm nnaaa” and “ddii ggggaaa” and you are exploring just how loud and high your little voice can go. It’s just so fun having conversations with you. You also do this funny thing where you scrunch up your lips and face and breathe in and out through your nose really fast. It makes us all laugh. You also like to make raspberries and wiggle your tongue around. Sweet girl you have also really started to suck your thumb and sometimes your two middle fingers on your right hand. I’m glad you are able to soothe yourself, especially since you will be starting daycare in a week and it will help you feel better when Mommy isn’t there to calm you.
Aubrey, you love playing with your toys and you are working hard at perfecting your motor skills. You are able to transfer toys from one hand to the other and you will stretch and reach for things you want that are out of reach. And you want to touch everything and of course EVERYTHING goes in your mouth.
Aubrey you had your 6-month well baby appointment and you weighed 12lbs 3oz. and measured 25.5 inches long. You have doubled your birth weight and you are just getting so tall! Dr. Ramsey is so impressed with how strong you are and she said you are developing right on track. She also said that since you are doing so well on solids we can advance you to stage two foods. At your appointment you got two more shots. You cried for just a minute and after getting hugs and kisses from Mommy you settled right down and went back to your smiling, happy self.
Aubrey, the first half of your first year has been full of fun memories. You have gone on your first road trip, you were dedicated at church, went to several fun parties, you were an usher with your Daddy at your Aunt Alli and Uncle Dre’s wedding, and you celebrated your first Easter, Mother’s Day and Father’s Day and Fourth of July. Yay for a fun filled 6-months sweet Aubrey! Mommy and Daddy love you so much and we’re excited to see all the fun things you do in the next 6 months!
Aubrey making her funny face
Sunday, July 17, 2011
A Tale of Two Teeth!
The week before Aubrey turned 5 months old I made two little discoveries. Teeth! Practically overnight she cut her two bottom teeth. Gone are the days of gummy smiles but her smiles are just as sweet and precious with her little pearly whites. I’ve tried getting a good picture of her teeth but it’s actually harder than I thought. So here is the best picture I could get of her teeth on the day they broke through. They are actually a lot more prominent now.
First 4th of July:
Oh Aubrey I wish your first 4th of July was more fun and eventful but unfortunately due to the lack of rain this year there were no fireworks. But that didn’t stop us from having fun. We played all day and watched fireworks on tv. Hopefully next year you will get to experience your first fireworks show!
Happy 5 months old sweet Aubrey! You are just getting so big and your first year is flying by! We went to the pediatricians for a check up on your acid reflux and you weighed in at 11lbs, 6oz. Your acid reflux has subsided a little more and we are so happy about that. You are still a petite baby but you are developing right on track. You are now able to pull out your pacifier and put it back in your mouth. You also reach for your bottle and pull it toward you and you are getting better at holding it in place while you eat. In fact, you are putting everything in your mouth; even your feet! You are usually all smiles and giggles and you are practicing your consonant sounds more often. With each practice you are getting closer to saying “mama” and “dada”. Aubrey you have also begun to turn your head when you hear your name; you are just so smart! Aubrey your personality develops more and more each day. You love to act silly and dramatic and even act shy after “flirting” with your Daddy. You are just so much fun!
The past two weeks we have begun to introduce Aubrey to solids. We started out with fresh avocado and she loved it! I had heard it was a good food to start with because of its taste, and because it’s loaded with calories that she needs. Our first attempt Aubrey wasn’t very sure what to do with it but she leaned forward and kept reaching for the spoon. Once she began to swallow it she opened her mouth wider and wider for each bite. After a successful first attempt it was so hard not to try other foods, but we waited and for four days we only let her have the avocado, just to make sure it didn’t upset her stomach and she didn’t have an allergic reaction. Then we tried carrots. Again so far it’s been really successful and she really likes the carrots too. I think after this round we will try either sweet potatoes or green beans. Now that we have started on solids I have found Aubrey reaching more and more for “real” food. The other day she kept trying to steal my oreos. Although this is a delicious choice she isn’t quite ready for them.