Friday, April 1, 2011

Hope

I’ve been planning to write this post for a while now but for some reason I just kept forgetting to! Back in December at my baby shower my sisters surprised me with hope cards. Instead of playing shower games they came up with the idea of having all of my guests write hopes for Aubrey. Kate, our sweet family friend, designed the hope cards to match Aubrey’s nursery theme and each card had a different hope prompt. With these prompts our sweet family and friends wrote beautiful, inspiring and encouraging hopes for Aubrey and they have made a beautiful keepsake for her. I like to read a different hope to Aubrey before putting her to bed at night, it’s just so nice to be reminded of how many people love this little girl so much. I truly appreciate every one of these hope cards and my prayer is that Aubrey grows to be just as Godly and lovely as the women who wrote them. So I thought I would share a few of my favorite hopes with you.

Hopes for Aubrey…

I hope you never forget…. “to say I love you Mommy and Daddy”

I hope you love… “JESUS ‘cause He sure loves you!”

I hope that you… “follow your dreams!”

I hope you aren’t afraid… “to ask for guidance when you need it. Someone will always be there to help you when you need it”

I hope you respect... “yourself, your mama and daddy and others around you"

I hope you become… “a lady of grace, integrity, honor, love, and faith"

I hope you grow… “in grace and beauty- filled with confidence and love, knowing you are loved and blessed.”

I hope you aren’t afraid… “because you know the great love with which you are loved. 1 John 4:18 'There is no fear in love, perfect love drives out fear’"

I hope you laugh… “easily at yourself and don’t take things too seriously. Be sure to laugh at least once every day.”

I hope you love… “The Lord as much as your mom, dad, and family do. Remember He created you for a special purpose and you are His daughter!”

I hope you never forget… “That Jesus loves you and has a wonderful plan for your life! Cling to Him!”

I hope you laugh… “with and at your mommy and daddy, and that your life is flooded with joy!”

I hope you become… “a person of integrity, a person who smiles a lot, a person who loves people, and a person full of grace for yourself and others.”

I hope you grow… “up to be just as beautiful as your mommy!”


1 comment:

Sarah said...

I think that is my all time favorite thing to do at a shower now! I love these!