Friday, March 25, 2011

From Lubbock to The Woodlands

The past two weeks have been super busy with traveling, and just the everyday stuff so here are some highlights.

  • This Spring Break Rob, Aubrey and I went to Lubbock to meet a new member of our family, Collins Faith Maney. Collins was born on March 9 just 4 weeks and 4 days after Aubrey was born and I can’t wait to see these two cousins become great friends. I really enjoyed spending time with my sister Sarah and our two precious girls. It’s so fun to be going through this stage together with my big sister.
  • On Thursday we headed to The Woodlands for some time with Mimi (Rob’s Mom) and Nana. Our jam-packed day included a visit to Forest Park to visit Bob’s memorial. This was the first time visiting since Aubrey’s birth and it was a very special day as Rob got to introduce his daughter to his Dad. Bob passed away a month before I found out I was pregnant with Aubrey and we all wish he could be here to watch her grow, I know he would have loved this little girl so much. After visiting the memorial, we headed to lunch at the Cheesecake Factory, so delicious, and then to see Aubrey’s picture on display at the photography studio we had her newborn pictures taken. It was so fun to see a huge picture of our pretty girl on display and some of her other photos on the big screen slide show. As we walked in the studio a lady with her little girl was complimenting Aubrey’s photo and one of the staff members just laughed and said, “There is the little model right there!” So we had to have a picture by her photo. We have a budding model on our hands. Then of course we had to stop by Potterybarn Kids and Janie and Jack for some souvenirs.
  • Aubrey is 6 weeks old this week, which means I only have one more week of maternity leave. I don’t want to go back, I wish I could stay home with Miss A but I know I have to finish the school year. So Daddy will be taking over Mommy duty during the day for 4 more weeks. Yes friends, Rob has more paternity leave than I do! I’m so glad Rob will be able to spend so much time with his little girl, I just hope he doesn’t go overboard with the hunting brainwashing ;)


Cousins Jonas and Collins Maney with Aubrey



Sarah and I with Collins and Aubrey
(sometimes you just need a good cry)


Happy girls!


Our little family at Bob's memorial



Rob telling Aubrey about her Papa Bob


Posing by Aubrey's photo on display



Love those baby blues (Aubrey at 6 wks)

No comments: